If you are a fan of Charlotte Tilbury’s gorgeous luxury makeup products, then you may know that the brand also sells luxury skincare products. A customer favorite Charlotte Tilbury skincare product is Charlotte’s Magic Cream, a best-selling moisturizer that hydrates and plumps the skin for a gorgeous glow.
If you’re not quite ready for that luxury price tag, then fear no more! Some fabulous Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream dupes will give you just as much hydration and glow as the original but are priced at a fraction of the cost.
So what makes Charlotte’s Magic Cream so unique?
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Cream is an award-winning moisturizer that is supposed to create magic skin. It was created to prep and transform models’ skin before hitting the runway. Today, it is available for everyone as long as you don’t mind paying the high price.
It contains what Charlotte Tilbury calls a ‘magic 8’ of skincare actives that are supposed to improve the look of dull and tired skin for smoother, plumper, and dewy skin. Per the brand, users see an increase in firmness, improved elasticity and hydration, and a reduction in the look of fine lines and wrinkles with a more even skin tone.
While this Charlotte Tilbury cream is ideal for dull and dry skin types, those with oily skin may find it a bit heavy.
Charlotte’s Magic Cream Key Ingredients
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter: Shea butter is an emollient that is rich in antioxidants. It moisturizes and softens the skin.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract: This plant extract contains soothing beta-glucan, omega fatty acids and has anti-inflammatory benefits, making it ideal for those with irritated or sensitive skin.
- Allantoin: A healing and soothing extract from the comfrey plant.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory, healing and has moisturizing benefits.
- Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil: This oil comes from the Camellia tree and is rich in fatty acids that moisturize and replenish the skin.
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil: Rosehip oil is another oil rich in fatty acids like linoleic acid, that nourishes and balances all skin types.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil: Rich in moisturizing fatty acids, this oil is suitable for all skin types, even acne-prone skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of hyaluronic acid that hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours.
- Tocopherol: Also known as vitamin E, this antioxdant protects the skin from oxidative stress.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: This peptide combines with Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (below) and becomes the duo Matryxl 3000, which helps to reduce wrinkles and firm the skin.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1: A peptide that helps stimulate collagen production for a reduction in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Plumeria Rubra Flower Extract: Also known as frangipani flower extract, this active moisturizes the skin and has a soothing fragrance.
- Ascorbic Acid: Also known as vitamin C, ascorbic acid provides antioxidant protection and brightens the skin.
- BioNymph Peptide: The star ingredient in this cream is actually the least concentrated ingredient in the cream. This peptide complex is supposed to smooth and plump the look of skin. The complex contains Nicotiana sylvestris leaf cell culture, glycerin and water. Per the manufacturer, this blend is a purified library of natural peptides and sugars from Nicotiana sylvestris cell cultures that improves collagen and protects the skin from oxidative stress while improving DNA repair.
There are also many additional ingredients like C12-15 alkyl benzoate, glyceryl stearate SE, and butylene glycol that are emollients and soften the skin, giving the cream a rich and decadent texture.
Please note that there is added fragrance in this moisturizer.
This cream is often paired with Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Serum Crystal Elixir to create a powerhouse anti-aging duo that has been trending on TikTok.
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Dupes
If you are looking for a rich moisturizing cream to give you the same glow as Charlotte Tilbury, take a look at these Charlotte Tilbury dupes:
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer provides instant and extended hydration while targeting wrinkles and skin texture.
It contains many of the same ingredients as Charlotte’s Magic Cream, like aloe barbadensis leaf juice, allantoin, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, and vitamin C (derivative).
This Charlotte Tilbury dupe also contains evening primrose oil for antioxidant and moisturizing benefits.
Panthenol (vitamin B5), dipotassium glycyrrhizate (licorice-derived), Anthemis nobilis flower extract (Roman chamomile) are additional actives that soothe the skin.
The moisturizer leaves your skin silky and supple with improved radiance. It is suitable for sensitive skin and even those prone to eczema.
Related Post: The Best Paula’s Choice Skincare Products
Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich is another Magic Cream dupe that provides plenty of rich and buttery hydration and glow without the hefty price tag.
This luxurious face cream contains shea butter and dense murumuru butter for that rich, soft, and smooth feeling without feeling heavy on your face. Kukui oil contains fatty acids that lock in moisture. Squalane adds lightweight moisture.
A Red Algae complex provides extended moisture. Ceramides 3 and 6 hydrate the skin and support a healthy skin barrier.
This Glossier moisturizer also contains a redness-reducing peptide (tetrapeptide-14) and sodium hyaluronate, like Charlotte Tilbury. Green tea extract provides antioxidant benefits.
Please note that there is added fragrance and lavender oil in this cream.
Like Charlotte’s Magic Cream, Pacifica Dreamy Youth Day and Night Face Cream is enriched with moisturizing sunflower seed oil, firming peptides, allantoin, soothing aloe barbadensis leaf juice, beta-glucan, a stable form of vitamin E, and hydrating hyaluronic acid.
This drugstore dupe also contains floral stem cells and plant extracts to support a healthy glow. Skin appears lifted while the look of fine lines is minimized.
This rich cream absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel greasy on the skin. It’s the perfect dupe to incorporate into your evening skincare routine to replenish your skin overnight.
Please note that the cream contains essential oil and imparts a floral scent with notes of rose and geranium.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Firming Collagen Cream uses collagen, niacinamide, and peptides to target the signs of aging while plumping the skin.
This fragrance-free cream uses some of the same emollients as Charlotte’s Magic Cream, like C12-15 alkyl benzoate and glyceryl stearate SE to leave your skin soft and smooth.
Niacinamide brightens, smoothes, and strengthens your skin barrier. Glycerin and soluble collagen are humectants that moisturize the skin.
Panthenol, colloidal oatmeal, allantoin, Glycyrrhiza glabra root extract, and Camellia sinensis leaf extract soothe the skin. Ceramide NP and squalane moisturize the skin.
Like Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream, this dupe improves loss of firmness, wrinkles, fine lines, and dryness for smoother, more youthful-looking skin.
It Cosmetics Confidence in A Cream has a rich, decadent texture like Charlotte’s Magic Cream as well as shea butter, aloe vera, vitamin E, allantoin, sodium hyaluronate, and peptides to soften, smooth, hydrate, moisturize and firm the skin.
This Charlotte Tilbury dupe also contains niacinamide to brighten, smooth, and soothe the skin. Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) root extract is an anti-inflammatory that has antimicrobial benefits and even helps to regulate sebum (oil) production in the skin.
Hydrolyzed collagen moisturizes the skin while ceramides strengthen the skin barrier.
The cream supports skin elasticity and even skin tone with a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and pores. Please note that there is added fragrance in this cream.
6. Nivea Creme
If you are after the radiant, dewy skin that Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream provides, consider Nivea Creme instead. This cream is formulated with emollients like mineral oil, petrolatum, and moisturizers like glycerin and panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) to create a rich and highly moisturizing cream that will give you that Charlotte Tilbury glow.
This Nivea cream transforms rough and dry skin with its nourishing formula and even made my list of Creme de la Mer dupes. It’s ideal for the face, hands, and body. Although it’s formulated for all skin types, this cream may be too heavy for oily skin, as it is more suitable for those with dry skin.
Please note that there is added fragrance in this cream.
Final Thoughts on Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Dupes
While you may not find a Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream dupe that matches it ingredient for ingredient, these more affordable options will get you that same glow and bring dull, dehydrated skin back to life with similar actives like peptides, aloe vera, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid.
Only you can decide whether or not Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream is truly magic. In the meantime, these drugstore skincare dupes will spare your wallet and improve your skin, as well as these posts:
Thanks for reading!