If you are a fan of the Glossier dewy skin look, you will be pleased to know that similar products are available at a fraction of the price. While it may be tempting to grab any affordable face oil and apply it to your skin to duplicate Glossier Futuredew’s gorgeous glow, keep in mind that not all oils are created equal.
These Glossier Futuredew dupes are perfect for achieving that pretty dewy finish that not every skincare product can achieve. Plus, they’re all vegan and cruelty-free.
Besides the glow, what makes Futuredew so unique?
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Glossier Futuredew Oil Serum Hybrid contains a mixture of oils and plant-based extracts to brighten your skin and provide a gleaming moisturized finish that lasts up to 12 hours.
It is meant to be applied after your serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen, so this oil serum does not replace those steps in your skincare routine.
The result? A beautiful, dewy, and fresh complexion.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is part of the skin’s natural moisturizing factors (NMF) and holds moisture in your skin. It is one of the most common ingredients found in skincare products.
- Sugarcane Squalane: A lightweight and non-greasy 100% plant-derived saturated hydrocarbon that helps to moisturize and nourish the skin. It’s a stable form of squalene (with an e), which is found naturally in the skin.
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil: Jojoba oil is a popular ingredient used in many skincare and beauty products. It is a wax ester similar to human sebum, which makes it great for hydrating and softening the skin.
- Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil: Evening primrose oil is derived from the seeds of the evening primrose plant, and it’s packed full of fatty acids.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil: Grapeseed oil is a natural antioxidant, and it’s also rich in some essential fatty acids and vitamin E. It is known for being able to soothe dry skin.
- Rosa Canina Fruit (Rosehip) Oil: Rosehip oil is rich in antioxidants that can help repair skin damage. It is also filled with essential fatty acids that are important for restoring elasticity, which is why it’s popular in anti-aging products. It also contains essential fatty acids like linoleic acid, a fatty acid that has been found to be low in the skin of acne patients.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A salt form of hyaluronic acid and an ingredient naturally found in the skin.
- Sodium hyaluronate is often paired with ingredients like glycerin because it’s an excellent humectant that can draw moisture from the air to hydrate your skin.
- Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract: A fruit extract that can visibly increase brightness.
- Mica: Light-reflecting materials that give your skin a shimmery/pearly sheen and an immediate glow. This is not the same as glitter, as it is much less sparkly and noticeable.
Please note that this Glossier product contains rosemary essential oil, which imparts a very light herbal fragrance.
Cruelty-free and vegan.
Glossier Futuredew Dupes
Choose any one of these three facial oils/oil serum hybrids from The Ordinary, Versed, or Flower Beauty for fresh, dewy, and plump skin. All three feel lighter on the skin than Glossier, too.
Versed Sunday Morning Antioxidant Oil-Serum
Versed Sunday Morning Antioxidant Oil-Serum is formulated, like Glossier, to provide the best of both worlds: an antioxidant oil plus a facial serum in one.
This hybrid Glossier dupe contains multiple oils to support a moisturized complexion plus vitamins, hydrators, and plant extracts to soothe and replenish the skin.
It has an oil phase and serum phase that are separate layers until you shake the bottle (see images above and below).
- Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil: Tea seed oil is a lightweight golden oil that absorbs quickly, creating an extra layer of hydration. It is rich in moisturizing fatty acids and also contains antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from environmental and free radical damage.
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil: Like Glossier, this oil-serum contains jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is a wax ester that resembles human oils and creates a breathable barrier on your skin, leaving it soft and moisturized.
- Chamomilla Recutita Flower (Chamomile) Extract: Chamomile extract has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to protect your skin against free radicals and irritation.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is known for helping to strengthen the skin’s barrier and can also help improve the appearance of redness and uneven skin texture and skin tone.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that can help protect the skin from environmental damage. It’s also known for its anti-aging benefits and ability to minimize scarring and wrinkles.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract: Sea buckthorn oil has antioxidant properties that have anti-aging effects on the skin. It’s also rich in essential fatty acids, which are good for restoring elasticity and may even help acne.
- Curcuma Longa (Tumeric) Root Extract: Tumeric extract has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and is also an antioxidant, which can help protect the skin from free radicals and environmental damage.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A salt version of hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate is a humectant that has a smaller molecule than hyaluronic acid so it’s able to penetrate the skin more easily and hold onto water molecules.
- Arginine: An amino acid and Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) that moisturizes, heals, and reduces skin irritation. Amino acids are building blocks of proteins like collagen and elastin.
- Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil: Moringa seed oil is a plant-based oil rich in the nourishing fatty acid oleic acid, making it ideal for dehydrated and dry skin types.
Cruelty-free and vegan.
Read more about this product in my Versed skincare review post.
Flower Beauty Supernova Celestial Skin Elixir
Flower Beauty Supernova Celestial Skin Elixir is a skin elixir formulated to hydrate, prime, and smooth the skin.
This Glossier Futuredew dupe contains pearlescent pigments, jojoba oil, and antioxidants like Glossier to create a radiant and glowing complexion.
Six oils work together in this gel-to-oil formula to moisturize and nourish skin and provide an even base to distribute the pearlized pigments. A vitamin C derivative works to brighten the skin.
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil: Jojoba oil is a wax ester that resembles human oils (sebum) and creates a lightweight barrier on your skin to moisturize and protect it.
- Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil: Tea seed oil is an oil that is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that protect and nourish the skin.
- Squalane: Squalane is an active that occurs naturally in the human body in the form of squalene. It is a non-greasy natural emollient that restores skin moisture balance and prevents transepidermal water loss.
- Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kukui Nut) Oil: Kukui nut oil is a soothing oil rich in fatty acids for softening and moisturizing the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: A vitamin C derivative that works with other antioxidants in this elixir to brighten the skin.
- Helianthus Annuus Seed (Sunflower) Oil: Sunflower oil is a nourishing oil that contains fatty acids that support a healthy skin barrier. It is a non-comedogenic oil, which means that it will not cause breakouts or clogged pores.
- Moringa Oleifera (Moringa) Seed Oil: Moringa oil is a reparative oil that contains nourishing fatty acids, including a high concentration of oleic acid.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects the skin from free radical damage and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Curcuma Longa Root (Tumeric) Extract: Turmeric extract is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent.
Cruelty-free and vegan. Please note that this elixir contains lavender oil.
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane is a simpler formula than any of the other skincare dupes yet provides gorgeous glowing results.
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane is also much cheaper than Glossier’s version and the most affordable dupe in this post.
As previously noted, squalane is a saturated hydrocarbon derived from plant and animal sources, including olives, sugarcane, amaranth seed, wheat germ, rice bran, and shark liver oil.
This Glossier dupe has a very similar consistency to human skin’s natural oils (sebum). Squalane is an oil that provides instant hydration and can penetrate deeply into the skin due to its chemical properties.
The consistency of this squalane product is ultra-light, and it isn’t greasy at all but will give you a lit from within glow.
Squalane is non-comedogenic, so all skin types can use it. It’s a good choice if you want to try a facial oil, but you have oily skin and don’t want to deal with shine or an even greasier complexion.
The Ordinary Squalane can also be used on your hair to increase shine, reduce breakage, and provide heat protection.
100% Plant-Derived Squalane is ECOCERT approved and is a USDA Certified Bio-based Product.
Cruelty-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan.
Glossier Futuredew Dupes For An Affordable Dewy Glow
Glossier products are known for their branding targeted at millennials and skincare products that provide that sought-after dewy look.
While Glossier skincare products are thoughtfully formulated, these drugstore dupes are very comparable alternatives.
These Glossier alternatives are formulated to give you that Glossier glow, appeal to any age with a lower price point, and are just as effective.
For more drugstore dupes, please see this post on the best drugstore skincare dupes.
Thanks for reading!