Today, we’re tackling a common makeup woe: under-eye makeup creasing. We’ve all been there. Spending time carefully applying our concealer, only to have it smudge and crease throughout the day.
So I researched and tested several options and have narrowed it down to the 10 best under eye setting powders, so you can avoid creasing and caking and achieve a flawless finish.
Whether you’re a makeup newbie or a seasoned pro, these under eye setting powders are sure to keep your under eyes looking flawless and crease-free all day long.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
10 Best Under Eye Setting Powders
This list of the best under eye setting powders runs from super affordable to high-end pricing. Even though my favorite is pricey, just remember you don’t need to spend a fortune to get a crease-free makeup look under your eyes!
Choose a translucent powder to avoid any additional color on your skin and to set your makeup.
If you have extra dark circles, redness, or other imperfections and need additional coverage, choose a setting powder with color.
My Top Picks for Best Under Eye Setting Powder:
- Best Overall: Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
- Most Affordable: E.l.f. High Definition Powder
- Best For Dry Brightening: Fenty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Setting Powder
- Best For Dry Skin: bareMinerals Mineral Veil – Hydrating
1. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
I really didn’t want to love this setting powder so much because it is NOT cheap.
But I have to admit that Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder weightlessly blurs the appearance of any lines or wrinkles under your eyes and sets makeup and concealer so that they stay fresh all day long.
It’s my top pick for the best under eye powder:
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder (shown in the shade Fair) is a makeup finishing powder with a smoothing effect for a flawless airbrushed finish.
The ultra-fine milled powder blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections. The luxe powder provides a soft-focus effect for your complexion that will brighten your skin tone.
The secret of this pressed powder, which makes it an excellent under eye setting powder, comes down to the following ingredients:
- Rose Wax (Rosa Multiflora Flower Wax): Rose wax is an emollient that helps to soften and nourish the skin. The wax is extracted from the flowers of the Multiflora Rose.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil: This plant oil is rich in oleic acid, a fatty acid that helps moisturize and condition dry skin. The oil also contains vitamins B and E that offer protective antioxidant benefits.
- Light-reflecting Pearls: The light-reflecting pearlescent pigments in the powder give your skin a radiant glow by diffusing light as it hits your face.
This setting powder is perfect for the delicate skin under your eyes as it doesn’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles or look cakey on your skin. It really feels weightless on the skin.
Ideal for all skin types, combination skin as well as oily skin types will appreciate that it helps control shine. The powder can be used to mattify oily areas, like your t-zone, in addition to setting your concealer and foundation.
This Charlotte Tilbury powder comes in four shades:
Yes, it’s quite pricey, but the full-size version of the compact is refillable. If the full size is too expensive for you, consider the smaller mini size (0.11 oz vs 0.28 for the full size) to test it out before committing to the full size.
2. e.l.f. Halo Glow Loose Setting Powder
E.l.f. Halo Glow Loose Setting Powder (shown in the shade Light) is a weightless loose setting powder designed to provide a soft glow and airbrush finish.
The powder has a silky texture that blurs the look of fine lines and pores and has a shine-free finish.
Formulated with lab-created sapphire particles, the powder hides imperfections without caking or cracking on your skin.
The talc-free powder comes in 5 shades:
- Light Pink
- Medium Beige
I like the performance of this powder so much that I included it in my post on an affordable alternative to Charlotte Tilbury’s setting powder!
3. bareMinerals Original Mineral Veil Loose Setting Powder
BareMinerals Original Mineral Veil Loose Setting Powder (shown below in the shade Original Translucent) is a talc-free loose setting powder that sets makeup and extends its wear.
The super lightweight powder provides a filtered, soft-focus finish under your eyes and all over your face. The airbrushed finish reduces the look of pores and fine lines and won’t create any flashback in photos.
The best-selling clean formula is non-comedogenic and absorbs excess oil, so your skin looks smooth without unwanted shine all day long.
The powder is available in four shades:
- Original Translucent (translucent soft finish)
- Tinted Tan Deep (translucent soft finish with a hint of warm tint)
- Illuminating (subtly brightening dewy finish)
- Hydrating (hydrating, cooling, brightening finish)
The Hydrating shade is an excellent under eye setting powder for brightening dehydrated and dry skin.
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder (shown in the shade Translucent) is a fan-favorite loose powder that sets makeup for up to 16 hours.
The best-selling prestige setting powder in the US, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder is formulated with vitamin C + E powders filled with antioxidants that support an even-toned complexion.
Now with 24-hour shine control, this award-winning setting powder provides a soft-focus finish without any flashback.
Finely milled plant-derived blurring powders soften the look of pores while absorbing excess oil.
The translucent powder formula also contains a natural amino acid conditioning powder that melts into your skin for an undetectable finish and doesn’t emphasize texture, imperfections, or dry patches.
This cult favorite is lightweight and has a sheer finish while still offering excellent oil control and great coverage that won’t cake or settle into fine lines.
It’s great for setting concealer under your eyes or even baking your entire face to mattify and set makeup.
The powder is available in three shades:
- Translucent Honey
- Translucent Medium Deep
5. Rare Beauty Always an Optimist Soft Radiance Setting Powder
Rare Beauty Always an Optimist Soft Radiance Setting Powder (shown below in the shade Light-Medium) is a loose mineral setting powder that provides a radiant, natural-looking finish.
This loose powder from Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty line is very finely milled and talc-free. It has a silky and airy texture that provides sheer coverage while blurring the look of pores and skin texture.
The silky powder extends your makeup wear without caking throughout the day or causing flashback in photos. Plus, it controls excess oil.
The powder is designed for on-the-go and travel since it has a custom-designed sifter that locks the loose powder in place for mess-free storage. I love the beautiful jar!
Available in 5 sheer shades for a range of skin tones:
- Light (soft pink for fair to light complexions)
- Light Medium (true peach for light to medium complexions)
- Medium (warm honey for medium to medium-deep complexions)
- Medium Deep (golden tan for medium-deep to deep complexions)
- Deep (rich mahogany for deep complexions)
6. Fenty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Setting Powder
Fenty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Setting Powder (shown in the shade Butter) is a sheer loose setting powder that perfects and extends makeup wear.
The superfine weightless powder from Rihanna’s Fenty brand works all day to blur the appearance of pores, fine lines, and other imperfections for a smooth filter-like finish.
The mattifying powders melt into your skin and brighten your complexion without any flashback. Photo-ready and great for any skin type or tone.
And it won’t cake or settle. The powder minimizes shine while letting your skin breathe and keeping your makeup looking fresh.
One of the stand-out qualities of this powder is the large shade range of eight shades:
- Coffee (deep skin tones with a neutral undertone)
- Nutmeg (deep skin tones with a warm undertone)
- Hazelnut (medium-deep to deep with a warm undertone)
- Honey (medium to medium deep with a warm undertone)
- Cashew (medium to medium deep with a cool undertone)
- Butter (light medium to medium with a warm undertone)
- Lavender (light with a cool undertone – great for brightening)
- Banana (light medium to medium deep with warm undertone – great for brightening)
Fenty suggests Lavender, Banana, Honey, or Nutmeg for a soft brightening effect.
7. Coty Airspun Loose Powder
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder (shown above in the shade Translucent) is a loose face powder blended with air to provide coverage yet feel weightless on your skin.
Loose powder particles are spun and swirled until they are super soft and velvety in texture for a natural-looking matte finish.
The powder is designed to hide wrinkles, blemishes, and other imperfections while giving a matte finish that lasts all day long.
The microspun formula was established in 1935, so it’s safe to say that this loose powder has been around longer than all of the other powders in this post!
This affordable drugstore option is incredibly popular, and with good reason. It has an extra fine texture that helps you achieve a smooth, almost airbrushed finish that lasts all day.
It’s perfect for those who want medium coverage with a smooth finish without having to use foundation or concealer. It can also be used on its own or over makeup for baking under your eyes.
It won’t clog your pores, blends easily, and doesn’t cake.
Formulated for all skin types (including sensitive skin), the powder comes in five shades:
- Translucent Extra Coverage
- Naturally Neutral
- Honey Beige
8. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish Airbrushed Pressed Powder
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish Airbrushed Pressed Powder (shown above in the shade Translucent) is a blurring pressed setting powder that uses Bye Bye Pores Optical Blurring Technology that camouflages the look of pores and other imperfections while leaving a natural matte finish on your complexion.
The weightless powder formula is enriched with silk, hydrolyzed collagen, and antioxidants that help nourish and protect your skin, making it a great option for mature skin types.
Wear it alone or over makeup. It can be used for touch-ups and as a blotting powder.
The powder is available in three shades that cover a range of skin tones:
- Translucent Tan Rich
- Translucent Deep
I like the Translucent setting powder shade (for my fair/light skin tone) for those minimal makeup days when you might just want concealer to hide dark circles or other imperfections under the eyes without adding more color and coverage.
It doesn’t cake on your delicate eye area, and the Translucent shade won’t leave any additional color. It does a great job of minimizing pores on your face, too.
9. E.l.f. High Definition Powder
E.l.f. High Definition Powder (shown in the shade Sheer) is another excellent e.l.f. setting powder that creates a soft-focus effect on your skin thanks to its finely milled formula.
The lightweight powder provides sheer coverage that reduces shine and the look of imperfections like fine lines under your eyes.
This loose powder is an alternative to e.l.f. Halo Glow Loose Setting Powder if you prefer a translucent shade. It comes in two shades: Sheer and Soft Luminance.
E.l.f. HD Powder feels weightless on my skin and doesn’t cake or create texture on my skin either.
10. Milani Conceal + Perfect Blur Out Powder
Milani Conceal + Perfect Blur Out Powder (shown in the shade Translucent) is a finely milled loose powder formulated to blur imperfections to give you that perfect filtered look.
This powder is ideal for setting your under-eye area, giving it a smooth and flawless finish without settling into any creases.
The talc-free formula is great for that no-makeup look and is designed to work for all skin tones.
The setting powder comes in two shades: Translucent and Banana.
TIP: To set under eye powder, I love Real Techniques Setting Brush. This super affordable powder brush is the perfect companion to your setting powder as it will help you evenly distribute and blend the powder under your eyes and is just the right size.
The bristles are super soft and stand up to repeated washings (I’ve washed my brush countless times). You can use the brush for contouring and highlighting, too! It’s the perfect way to finish a flawless under eye makeup look!
The Best Under Eye Setting Powders: The Bottom Line
The best setting powder for your under eyes?
That depends on your needs and budget. Remember that the key to using a setting powder is to apply it lightly and blend it out. You don’t want your makeup to look cakey.
- For a lightweight, airbrushed finish, my top pick is Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder. It gives the perfect amount of coverage without looking heavy or settling into lines or wrinkles.
- For the best eye brightening powder, Fenty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Setting Powder offers a few shades that are excellent for brightening the eye area.
- If you’re on a tight budget, e.l.f. Halo Glow Loose Setting Powder and E.l.f. High Definition Powder are affordable dupes for Charlotte Tilbury’s under-eye setting powder. Halo Glow is my pick for the best drugstore setting powder for under eyes!
Thanks for reading!