Sol de Janeiro’s Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is one of the most popular body luxury body creams on the market. It has an addicting scent and is formulated to tighten and smooth your skin. The downside? It’s pricey, and unfortunately, not budget-friendly.
Luckily, there are some body creams available that come close to the luxurious Brazilian Bum Bum Cream scent and formula but don’t cost nearly as much, so today we’ll discuss four Bum Bum Cream dupes that will surely save you money.
Before we get to the dupes, let’s take a look at the ingredients in Sol de Janeiro’s Brazilian Bum Bum Cream that make it so special.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is a cult-favorite body cream that has a luscious rich scent and is formulated to firm your skin.
A blend of pistachio, salted caramel, and vanilla (Sol de Janeiro’s Cheirosa ’62 fragrance) come together to create an addicting scent that will have you hooked.
Some of the active ingredients in the cream that make it stand out are:
- Coconut oil, a key ingredient in the cream, works to moisturize and repair your skin. It contains fatty acids that nourish dry skin.
- Guaraná extract, a type of Brazilian coffee berry, contains caffeine (much more than coffee!) which helps to improve circulation and improve the look of your skin.
- Cupuacu butter is filled with fatty acids that help to hydrate and protect your skin. It also contains phytosterols and polyphenols, which are antioxidants that help to protect your skin from free radical damage and support skin elasticity.
- Acai oil is an antioxidant-rich oil that contains omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. It helps to nourish, revitalize and protect your skin.
- Brazil nut seed oil is a plant oil that contains fatty acids that prevent moisture loss. It also contains selenium, a mineral, and antioxidant that works to protect your skin from environmental damage.
- Sodium hyaluronate is a form of hyaluronic acid that helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin.
The combination of these ingredients makes for a body cream that not only smells amazing but also leaves your skin looking and feeling firmer and more hydrated.
The thick creamy consistency glides on smoothly and melts into your skin, providing long-lasting hydration. It does so without feeling sticky or heavy on the skin, either, which is a feat, considering how luxurious it feels on your skin.
The Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream comes in a variety of sizes, but the largest size is quite pricey for 8 oz, so let’s take a look at some more affordable alternatives.
Bum Bum Cream Dupes
While Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is a luxe body cream, there are a few skincare dupes on the market that come close to the real thing, and smell like that delicious vanilla pistachio scent but don’t cost as much. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Trader Joe’s Brazil Nut Body Butter
Just about everything about Trader Joe’s Brazil Nut Body Butter screams Bum Bum Cream, which makes it my pick for the best Bum Bum Cream dupe. This dupe is formulated with many of the same active ingredients in Bum Bum Cream, like coconut oil, acai extract, and guarana extract.
The fragrance is described as a salted caramel and pistachio scent. Just like Brazilian Bum Bum Cream! The fragrance is REALLY close to Bum Bum Cream, and it lingers on your skin longer than some of the other dupes.
The Brazil Nut Body Butter comes in a tub and has a creamy consistency just like Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. This dupe gets extra points for its flip cap, which makes application a breeze.
The rich moisturizer also contains moisturizing shea butter, which is packed with vitamins and fatty acids that help to nourish and protect your skin. Aloe extract and marshmallow root extract work together to soothe and calm irritated skin.
Since this body butter is so thick and creamy, a little goes a long way. You only need to use a small amount to quench dehydrated, dry skin and get super soft skin.
(This is a seasonal item at Trader Joe’s stores, but since I don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, I was able to purchase it online at Amazon.)
2. Tree Hut Tropic Glow Firming Whipped Body Butter
Tree Hut Tropic Glow Firming Whipped Body Butter is formulated with many of the same ingredients as Bum Bum Cream, including pistachio seed oil, guarana fruit extract, and cupuacu seed butter.
Even better, it smells very similar to Brazlilian Bum Bum Cream, which is probably the reason most people want a dupe for Bum Bum Cream in the first place. Fragrance notes are described as Almond, Golden Amber, and Australian Sandalwood.
The cream is also enriched with shea butter, a nourishing emollient and moisturizer that is rich in antioxidants like vitamins A, E, and F, which help to protect your skin from free radical damage which can cause collagen to break down and contribute to the visible signs of aging.
This Bum Bum Cream dupe feels much lighter on the skin than Bum Bum Cream due to the whipped formula. Tree Hut Tropic Glow Firming Whipped Body Butter is vegan, gluten-free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.
3. Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Butter
Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Butter is a whipped body buttercream that is formulated with five oils/butters:
- Pistachio Oil: Pistachio oil is a light oil that is easily absorbed by the skin. It is rich in vitamins A, B6, and E, as well as potassium and magnesium. Pistachio oil has emollient properties that help to keep the skin hydrated and soft.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is anti-inflammatory and rich in skin-protective vitamins. It can even out skin tone and reduce the look of stretch marks.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a plant oil that is rich in fatty acids that moisturize and soften the skin.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter is a fat that is extracted from the nuts of the African shea tree. It is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that nourish and protect the skin.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter is a fat that is extracted from the cocoa bean. It is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that help to protect the skin from damage and keep it hydrated.
Like Brazilian Bum Bum Cream, Smoothie Star contains coconut oil to moisturize the skin and additional oils and butters to deeply nourish the skin. It sinks into your skin without feeling too greasy or oily and leaves your skin feeling velvety soft and smooth.
The Smoothie Star fragrance is formulated with notes of nutty pistachio and fresh vanilla like Bum Bum Cream. I’d say this body butter smells the least like Bum Bum Cream of all the dupes since the scent has stronger almond notes than the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. But it still has a pleasant nutty fresh scent.
4. OGX Extra Creamy + Coconut Miracle Oil Ultra Moisture Body Lotion
OGX Extra Creamy + Coconut Miracle Oil Ultra Moisture Body Lotion is a lightweight body lotion that is infused with nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, essence of tiara, and vanilla bean extract to moisturize and soften the skin.
Coconut oil is a natural emollient that helps to lock in moisture and keep the skin hydrated. Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids like lauric acid, which has antibacterial properties. Coconut oil can help protect the skin barrier and is ideal for those with a dry skin type.
This OGX lotion also contains safflower seed oil, a plant oil that is rich in fatty acids that help moisturize and soften the skin, and vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects the skin from environmental damage that can contribute to the visible signs of aging.
This super-affordable Bum Bum Cream dupe also has a tropical coconut vanilla scent and a smell that is reminiscent of Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. I think of it more like a muted, less-intense version of Bum Bum Cream’s addictive exotic scent.
It has a thinner lotion consistency compared to Bum Bum Cream’s thicker texture. It’s also non-greasy and absorbs quickly, leaving you with hydrated, softer, and smoother skin.
Bum Bum Cream Dupes: Final Thoughts
While there is only one original Brazilian Bum Bum Cream, these drugstore dupes come close to replicating the Sol de Janeiro body cream scent and formula.
These Bum Bum Cream dupes are affordable, can easily be purchased online, and will nourish and moisturize your skin with a fragrance that smells like a vacation in a bottle.
So, if you’re looking for a dupe for Bum Bum Cream that won’t break the bank, consider giving one of these drugstore body butters or lotions a try. Your skin will thank you!
Thanks for reading!
For more skincare dupes, check out the following posts: