I don’t know about you, but I am all about multi-tasking beauty products that save me money and time.
That’s why I was excited to discover Essence What A Tint! Lip & Cheek Tint, the perfect drugstore dupe for the popular Benetint from Benefit Cosmetics.
Not only does this Benetint dupe come at a fraction of the price, but it also boasts impressive quality and versatility that make it a must-have for a quick makeup routine.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
The Original: Benefit Benetint
Before we get into the details of Essence’s multi-purpose tint, let’s talk about the original product it is based on: Benefit Benetint Liquid Lip Blush & Cheek Tint, a gorgeous rose shade.
This iconic lip and cheek stain is the true original since it’s been around since 1977! (I remember loving it as a teenager!!)
Benetint is known for its natural-looking flush of color that lasts all day.
The non-drying, transfer-proof formula comes with a doe-foot applicator that deposits a sheer layer of long-lasting color on your lips that LASTS.
But with a price tag of $24 for just 0.2 oz, this rose tint may not be the most budget-friendly option for everyone.
That’s where Essence comes in!
The Dupe: Essence What A Tint! Lip & Cheek Tint
At just $4.99 for 0.16 oz, Essence What A Tint! Lip & Cheek Tint in the shade Kiss From a Rose not only saves you money but also offers the same beautiful flush of color for both your lips and cheeks.
Its water-based formula gives a sheer and buildable coverage that blends seamlessly into your skin for a natural-looking finish.
I was surprised to see some skincare ingredients in the formula, like hydrating sodium hyaluronate (the salt form of hyaluronic acid) and moisturizing glycerin, betaine, and panthenol, plus antioxidant-rich cranberry extract.
The oil-free tint isn’t sticky or tacky, and the rosy tint makes your cheeks and lips look flushed, healthy, and radiant all day long.
The best part? Essence is more pigmented than Benetint, as you can see from the blended swatches in the image above.
Yes, the bottle is a little smaller than Benetint (by 0.04 oz), but there’s no beating the price: $5 vs $ 24 for Benetint.
Related Post: A Rare Beauty Blush Dupe
Not Just Another Lip & Cheek Stain: Why This Dupe is Worth Trying
Aside from its obvious cost savings, there are several other reasons why this drugstore dupe is worth adding to your makeup collection:
- Versatility: Just like Benetint, this lip and cheek tint can be used on both areas of your face for a coordinated look with minimal effort. It can also be used as a base for powder blush, lipstick, or lip gloss to help the color last longer.
- Longevity: The water-based formula of What A Tint! may not seem like it would have the same staying power as Benetint, but it provides long-lasting wear and the ability to withstand sweat and humidity.
- Highly-Pigmented: As I previously mentioned, it’s more pigmented than Benetint, so you only need to use a small amount.
- Cruelty-Free: Essence is known for its affordable yet high-quality products that are cruelty-free. (Benetint is not cruelty-free.) This makes it a great option if you want to support ethical beauty brands.
How To Use What A Tint! Lip & Cheek Tint
- To achieve a natural flush on your cheeks, apply a few drops of the tint onto the apples of your cheeks and blend upward with your fingers or a makeup brush.
- For a subtle ombre tint on your lips, dot the product onto the center of your lips and blend outwards with your finger or a lip brush. You can also layer it for a more intense color payoff.
- You can even apply What A Tint! under your favorite lipstick or lip gloss for added color and staying power.
The Bottom Line
Essence’s What A Tint! Lip & Cheek Tint is an affordable and versatile Benetint alternative worth trying, thanks to the super low price.
With its long-lasting formula and easy application, this drugstore makeup dupe may just become a staple in your daily makeup routine.
Thanks for reading!
Read Next: Dior Rosy Glow Blush Dupes