If your skin is showing signs of aging, then copper peptides may be the ingredient you never knew you needed in your skincare routine.
Yes, copper peptides sound like they came straight from the periodic table, but don’t let the name deter you.
Adding a copper peptide serum to your skincare routine can help improve the overall appearance of your skin. From reducing fine lines and wrinkles to boosting collagen production and improving skin texture, collagen peptides are perfect for aging and mature skin.
And the best part? You don’t have to spend a fortune on luxury products to reap these anti-aging benefits.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Copper Peptides in Skincare
Copper peptides are naturally occurring amino acid chains that help promote collagen and elastin production in your skin.
When applied topically, copper peptides can help rejuvenate aging skin by targeting oxidative damage from environmental factors like UV exposure and pollution. Collagen peptides also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
So, what do copper peptides do for your skin?
Copper peptides help reduce fine lines and wrinkles and improve overall texture and tone. They can help plump your skin and improve the look of skin firmness, precisely what we need as our skin ages!
So, let’s get into the 3 anti-aging copper peptide serums that are actually quite affordable and can make a noticeable difference in the appearance of your skin.
1. The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum
- Key Ingredients: 1% Copper Peptides, 5 Peptide Complexes, Amino Acids, Hyaluronic Acid
- Price: $30.90 for 1 oz.
I am a huge fan of The Ordinary and their budget-friendly yet effective skincare products. The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum takes their best-selling Multi-Peptide + HA Serum to the next level by adding a 1% concentration of copper peptides.
This peptide serum targets multiple signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity and firmness, and dullness.
The serum contains 5 five peptide complexes, moisturizing amino acids, and multiple hyaluronic acids.
The cool-looking blue shade of the serum is thanks to the copper peptides. Don’t worry, it won’t have you looking like a Smurf! The blue shade disappears upon application.
At just $30.90, this is a very impressive anti-aging serum for the price.
2. Naturium Multi-Peptide Advanced Serum
- Key Ingredients: Copper Peptides, Argireline Amplified Peptide, Encapsulated Ferulic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegan Collagen
- Price: $25.00 for 1 oz.
Naturium Multi-Peptide Advanced Serum is a unique formula that blends encapsulated copper peptides with Argireline Amplified peptide, a newer version of Argireline peptide that targets expression wrinkles.
These actives work together to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines, firm and plump your skin, and improve skin texture.
Additional ingredients include encapsulated ferulic acid, a potent antioxidant that helps repair free radical damage. Hydrolyzed vegan collagen gives your skin a more lifted look.
What makes this serum stand out is the encapsulation of ingredients, particularly the copper peptides, which reduces irritation and allows you to use the serum with other anti-aging actives, like vitamin C and retinol!
And you can’t beat the price! Love!
Related Post: Naturium Skincare Review
3. Peach & Lily Copper Peptide Pro Firming Serum
- Key Ingredients: 0.2% Copper Peptide, 12 Peptides, 4 Amino Acids, Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, Chicory Root and Shiitake Mushroom
- Price: $49.00 for 1 oz.
Peach & Lily Copper Peptide Pro Firming Serum targets multiple signs of aging with 0.2% Copper Peptide, 12 peptides, and 4 amino acids.
This concentrated Korean serum supports healthy fibroblasts, which produce collagen and elastin to improve skin elasticity and firmness.
Hydrating hyaluronic acid joins moisturizing squalane, antioxidants, and Korean herbs (chicory root and shiitake mushroom) to support the skin Matrix, where fibroblasts attach to collagen to create additional collagen.
With continued use, the result is smoother skin and a reduction in the look of fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet around the eyes, deep-set wrinkles, and firmer, bouncier skin.
At $49, this bright blue serum is definitely at a higher price point than the other serums, but it’s worth every penny for the advanced formula and powerful ingredients.
Copper Peptides For Skin Aging: Tips To Get The Best Results
- Make sure to patch test and introduce copper peptide serums gradually into your routine to avoid any potential irritation.
- Remember, consistency is key in skincare, and regular use will yield the best results.
- These copper peptide serums are most effective within the first few months after opening.
- Incorporate a high SPF sunscreen (at least SPF 30) into your routine to protect your skin from further sun damage, which can accelerate skin aging.
- Be patient and give copper peptides time to work. Results may not be immediate, but with continued use, you’ll see the benefits of copper peptides on your skin.