I was aware that e.l.f. Cosmetics has some excellent drugstore makeup products, but I am quickly becoming convinced that this brand’s skincare products are just as good as their makeup. Today, I’d like to discuss my experience with some of the best e.l.f. skincare products.
If you’ve read my blog before, you may know that I am a huge fan of The Ordinary and The Inkey List. Both of these brands formulate effective skin care products at rock-bottom prices.
E.l.f. stands out amongst all other drugstore skincare brands and joins the ranks of The Ordinary and The Inkey List.
Why? Because e.l.f., too, has several products that are very low-priced, and the products simply work.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
18 Best e.l.f. Skincare Products
I tried the following e.l.f. Skincare products, and was quite impressed with the noticeable results and incredibly low prices:
1. e.l.f. Bounce Back Jelly Cleanser
- Gentle, non-foaming cleanser.
- Enriched with coconut juice, sugar maple extract, aloe vera, and cucumber.
- Contains vitamin B5 for nourishment.
- Effective for morning use and makeup removal.
E.l.f. Bounce Back Jelly Cleanser is the ideal cleanser to use in the morning to refresh your face after waking.
If you use it to remove makeup, you can follow their suggestion of letting it sit on your face slightly longer (10-20 seconds) to remove stubborn eye makeup like mascara and eyeliner.
I would still suggest using a cleansing balm first to dissolve hard-to-remove makeup since it didn’t remove all my eye makeup on its own.
2. e.l.f. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant
- Award-winning cleanser with peeling effect.
- Formulated with papaya leaf, tangerine fruit, and licorice extracts.
- Removes dead skin cells for a fresh glow.
- Suitable for use 2-3 times per week, gentle for sensitive skin.
E.l.f. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant is a creamy exfoliant that is not irritating to my somewhat sensitive skin and does exactly what it is supposed to do, and more gently than manual exfoliants.
Microcrystalline cellulose is the ingredient in the product that combines with the oils in our skin. This is what balls up, removing a small amount of accumulated dead skin cells with it.
It leaves my skin soft and smooth and brightens my skin, providing more clarity. Please note that there is a light fragrance to this product.
This doesn’t replace chemical exfoliators like Sunday Riley Good Genes (one of my favorites), but is an excellent alternative for gentle and effective exfoliation at a very low price!
3. e.l.f. SuperBrighten Peel Pads
- Exfoliating pads with AHAs, including glycolic acid.
- Enhanced with sugar maple extract, citrus extracts, and witch hazel.
- Provides gentle chemical exfoliation.
- Affordable option for brighter, smoother skin.
E.l.f. SuperBrighten Peel Pads is a jar of 45 peel pads that provides a non-abrasive way to reveal fresher, brighter skin.
I am one of those people who are pretty sensitive to glycolic acid, but I was able to use these pads without any problems or irritation, so perhaps the concentration is not too high in this product.
I think these peel pads are a great introduction to chemical exfoliation. What an affordable exfoliating treatment for the low price.
It’s hard to believe that these are so cheap since they are an effective way to brighten skin and remove dead skin cells providing results quickly.
They may not be as strong as some formulas, such as my favorite peel pads that also contain glycolic acid, but they are the perfect introduction to AHAs and a quick and easy way to get an AHA treatment a few times a week.
4. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Face Cream
- Fragrance-free moisturizer.
- Contains Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Squalane, Peptides, and Vitamin B5.
- Hydrates, brightens, and evens skin tone.
- Soothes and supports skin health.
E.l.f. Holy Hydration! Face Cream is a fragrance-free moisturizer packed with hydrating and anti-aging ingredients and is incredibly affordable.
The rich and creamy elf cream feels surprisingly light on my skin without feeling greasy. It has an impressive ingredient list, too!
I love this drugstore elf moisturizer!
NOTE: If you want this moisturizer with added sunscreen, you can purchase Holy Hydration! Face Cream with SPF 30 broad-spectrum sunscreen protection.
5. e.l.f. SuperHydrate Moisturizer
- Lightweight gel formula.
- Contains Squalane, Niacinamide, Centella Asiatica, Snow Mushroom, and Vitamin E.
- Hydrates and minimizes pores.
- Evens skin tone and reduces redness.
E.l.f. SuperHydrate Moisturizer is a lightweight moisturizer with a gel texture that contains an impressive list of skincare ingredients for a very low price.
This is a fun moisturizer because it has a jello-like texture that provides so much hydration and moisture.
The one drawback is that it applies to a somewhat tacky finish and takes a little bit of time to dry. It’s ideal for all skin types.
6. e.l.f. All the Feels Facial Oil
- Hemp-derived cannabis sativa seed oil base.
- Blend of jojoba, sunflower, grape seed, meadowfoam, and carrot seed oils.
- Lightweight and non-greasy texture.
- Ideal for dry skin, enhancing moisture and radiance.
E.l.f. All the Feels Facial Oil is a lightweight facial oil infused with hemp-derived cannabis sativa seed oil to hydrate and nourish the skin.
This oil is so lightweight and doesn’t leave your face feeling like an oil slick. I love the texture.
If you have dry skin and are looking for a moisture boost, you can mix a few drops with your daily moisturizer or foundation for a beautiful glow and added radiance.
7. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm
- Effectively removes makeup, dirt, and oil.
- Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides, and Peptides.
- Leaves skin soft and hydrated.
- Perfect for your double cleansing routine.
As a fan of e.l.f.’s Holy Hydration! Face Cream and cleansing balms in general, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm.
This silky cleansing balm melts into my skin and turns into a milk when water is added. It rinses cleanly and leaves my skin soft and hydrated.
This is an effective cleansing balm at an affordable price. Please note that it does have a light, fresh fragrance.
TIP: This elf cleansing balm is perfect as Step 1 of a double cleanse. A double cleanse consists of an oil-based cleanser as the first step and a water-based cleanser as the second step.
If you want to stick with e.l.f. products, follow with e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Daily Cleanser as step 2!
Related Post: The Best e.l.f. Cosmetics Makeup Products
8. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Daily Cleanser
- Foaming gel cleanser.
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid and ceramides.
- Removes impurities gently, preserving skin moisture.
- Lightly fragranced, suitable for daily use.
E.l.f. Holy Hydration! Daily Cleanser has a thin gel consistency that provides a nice foam action without stripping the skin.
Like the rest of the Holy Hydration! products, this cleanser has a very impressive formula for the incredibly low drugstore price.
This gentle cleanser works well on its own but really shines when used after e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm in a double cleanse to completely clean your skin.
9. e.l.f. Acne Fighting Spot Gel
- Rollerball format for targeted application.
- Contains Salicylic Acid, Camphor, Tea Tree, Witch Hazel, Green Tea, Aloe.
- Targets acne and soothes inflammation.
- Convenient and affordable acne treatment.
Ideal for acne-prone skin, e.l.f. Acne Fighting Spot Gel is a rollerball that targets acne and breakouts.
I love that this acne spot gel is in a rollerball format because you don’t need to use your fingers (and accompanying bacteria) to rub it in.
It’s really hard to believe that this effective treatment is so cheap! You can buy a few and throw one in your purse, one in your travel bag, another in your gym bag…so easy and convenient!
10. e.l.f. Happy Hydration Cream
- Hemp seed oil-based cream, rich in omega fatty acids.
- Enhanced with Niacinamide, Matrixyl 3000, Hyaluronic Acid, and moisturizing Panthenol.
- Nourishes, moisturizes, and improves skin texture.
- Suitable for all skin types.
E.l.f. Happy Hydration Cream is a hemp-derived face cream with a rich but lightweight texture. This cream absorbs quickly and is very nourishing and moisturizing.
It contains moisturizing and anti-aging ingredients to target the visible signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
I really like the nourishing but non-greasy texture of this moisturizer. It leaves my skin with a lovely glow and works well under makeup.
11. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Eye Cream
- Contains Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, and Jojoba Esters.
- Enriched with Matrixyl 3000 for anti-wrinkle benefits.
- Moisturizes and minimizes dark circles.
- Lightweight, non-greasy formula.
E.l.f. Holy Hydration! Eye Cream is a rich and hydrating eye cream formulated to moisturize the eye area and minimize the look of dark circles and shadows with a replenishing peptide complex.
The eye cream is lightweight, non-greasy, and fragrance-free.
It doesn’t irritate the skin under my eyes and provides a nice layer of moisture under my makeup. An excellent drugstore eye cream!
12. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Hydro-Gel Moisturizer
- Gel cream formualted with Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides, and Ceramides.
- Locks in moisture for plumper skin.
- Multi-level hydration due to various molecular weights of HA.
- Reinforces skin’s natural barrier.
E.l.f. Holy Hydration! Hydro-Gel Moisturizer is a lightweight moisturizing gel cream enriched with hyaluronic acid and ceramides to lock in moisture plus anti-aging peptides that help improve skin texture.
This moisturizer is ideal for all skin types, especially those with normal, combination, and oily skin. The light, non-greasy texture creates a smooth canvas for makeup application.
Please note there is an added fresh fragrance in Holy Hydration! Hydro-Gel Moisturizer.
I liked the lightweight texture of the hydro-gel, but I find myself reaching for Pure Skin Moisturizer (below) since it is fragrance-free and provides richer moisture.
13. e.l.f. Pure Skin Moisturizer
- Contains Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, Oat Milk, Allantoin, and Ceramides.
- Rich texture, non-greasy, non-comedogenic.
- Ideal for post-retinol application, soothing and hydrating.
E.l.f. Pure Skin Moisturizer is a clean, fragrance-free, dermatologist-developed moisturizer designed for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
This moisturizer has a rich texture that never feels greasy or too heavy on the skin. It works well with makeup and is non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores.
This is another excellent moisturizer from e.l.f. that is multi-benefit: it hydrates and nourishes while protecting the skin barrier and balancing the skin in a fragrance-free clean formula.
I like to use this moisturizer on nights that I use retinol since it is super-soothing and non-irritating. Plus, it’s super affordable, considering you get a large 2.54 oz. bottle.
14. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Triple Bounce Serum
- Contains 1.7% Hyaluronic Acid in three molecular weights.
- Enriched with Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, and Squalane.
- Lightweight, non-sticky, fragrance-free.
- Suitable for oily, combination, normal, and dry skin types.
E.l.f. Holy Hydration! Triple Bounce Serum is an ultra-hydrating serum that contains 1.7% hyaluronic acid (HA) in three molecular weights.
Ultra-low, low, and high molecular weight hyaluronic acid work together to penetrate the skin at different levels and provide intense long-lasting hydration.
This is a lightweight serum that absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel greasy on my skin.
There’s nothing worse than a tacky feeling hyaluronic acid serum, but this isn’t the slightest bit sticky or tacky.
This serum stands out to me due to its added nourishing ingredients like niacinamide and squalane.
It leaves my skin feeling soft and plump, and works well under makeup, too. It would be great for dehydrated and dry skin.
15. e.l.f. Vitamin C Serum
- Features stable vitamin C derivative (ethyl ascorbic acid).
- Contains Vitamin E, Pomegranate Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, and Glycerin.
- Lightweight, silky, quick-absorbing.
- Brightens skin, gentle and hydrating.
E.l.f. Vitamin C Serum is formulated to brighten and even out skin tone with a stable vitamin C derivative.
I have a love-hate relationship with pure vitamin C since higher concentrations irritate my skin. So I couldn’t wait to try this serum to see how my skin would respond.
This serum has a lightweight and silky texture that absorbs quickly into my skin.
It doesn’t irritate my skin at all, which is a huge plus for me, and has nice hydration benefits. My skin looks slightly brighter after using it in my morning skincare routine for about a month.
This vitamin C serum is a winner for me for use during the day due to its gentle formula and antioxidant skin-protective benefits.
16. e.l.f. Youth Boosting Advanced Night Retinoid Serum
- Contains 1% Granactive Retinoid and 0.06% retinal.
- Enhanced with Vitamin E, Acai Berry Extract, and Licorice Plant Extract.
- Creamy texture, suitable for night use.
- Effective anti-aging. Be sure to use with sunscreen.
E.l.f. Youth Boosting Advanced Night Retinoid Serum combines the power of 1% Granactive Retinoid and 0.06% retinal with antioxidants to address the signs of aging, including wrinkles and fine lines.
Granactive Retinoid is a retinoid complex that contains hydroxypinacolone retinoate (HPR), a retinoic acid ester that binds directly to the retinoid receptors in the skin without needing to be converted (like retinol does) to be available in the skin.
It is a gentle retinoid that provides results that are similar to retinol but is less likely to cause irritation than other over-the-counter forms of retinol.
The serum also contains retinal, also known as retinaldehyde, a form of vitamin A that is more potent than retinol.
I’ve never used a combination of HPR and retinal, so I didn’t know what to expect with this serum, especially since stronger retinoids tend to irritate my skin.
I’ve been using this retinoid serum for a few weeks now, and I am impressed. I’ve been careful not to use it more than a few times a week since I know better than to overdo it with potent retinoids.
The serum is a deep golden orange shade that feels creamy and comfortable on my skin.
My skin is bright and clear every morning after I use this serum, even if I didn’t get optimal sleep the night before.
The main drawback is that since it is potent, it may be irritating if you are new to retinoids or have sensitive skin. (I’ve built up my tolerance to retinoids over the years.)
Otherwise, I think this is a very effective anti-aging treatment and one of the best e.l.f. products for mature skin. It’s a little pricier than other e.l.f. skincare products, but for the advanced formula, I think it’s worth every penny.
17. e.l.f. Holy Hydration! Daily Moisturizer
- Creamy, hydrating, nourishing.
- Includes Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil.
- Light, non-greasy, for all skin types.
- Basic moisturizer with citrus fruit extracts and fragrance.
E.l.f. Holy Hydration! Daily Moisturizer is the ideal moisturizer for daily use thanks to the rich concentration of vitamins and antioxidants.
The moisturizer doesn’t contain many bells and whistles when it comes to active ingredients, but for the low price and large 2.53 oz tube, this is an excellent basic moisturizer.
Please note that the moisturizer contains citrus fruit extracts and added fragrance.
18. e.l.f. Suntouchable! Whoa Glow SPF 30 Sunscreen
- Broad-spectrum SPF 30, primes skin.
- Contains chemical sunscreen filters.
- Features Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, Aloe Vera, and Panthenol.
- Oil-free, fragrance-free, suitable for various skin types.
E.l.f. Suntouchable! Whoa Glow SPF 30 Sunscreen & Primer provides broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen protection with chemical subscreen filters.
This elf sunscreen also offers antioxidant protection while brightening and priming your skin for a beautiful glow.
The chemical sunscreen actives in the formula are:
- 3% Avobenzone
- 9% Homosalate
- 5% Octisalate
- 7% Octocrylene
While Whoa Glow only comes in one tinted shade, all skin tones will benefit from its sheer peach shimmer. (It works well with my light skin tone.)
And you don’t have to worry about your makeup sliding off throughout the day due to the non-greasy texture and primer-like benefits.
I like that this is a multi-benefit formula that provides similar benefits as the best-selling Supergoop! Glowscreen sunscreen. (See more Supergoop! affordable alternatives in this post.)
The Best of e.l.f. Skincare Products: Affordable & Effective
E.l.f. is one of the few drugstore brands that offers innovative and unique skincare products.
It seems that drugstore products are often late to the game when it comes to skincare trends and new product offerings, but e.l.f. is becoming competitive with some of my budget-friendly favorites: The Ordinary and The Inkey List.
Honestly, there are very few e.l.f. skincare products that I don’t like.
If you’re unsure where to start, you can try this affordable intro to e.l.f. skincare products: Holy Hydration! Hydrated Ever After Skincare Mini Kit. It contains 5 mini e.l.f. skincare products:
- Holy Hydration! Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm – 0.45 oz (13 g)
- Holy Hydration! Daily Cleanser – 1.01 Fl oz (30.0 mL)
- Holy Hydration! Eye Cream – 0.23 oz (6.5 g)
- Holy Hydration! Face Cream – 0.529 oz (15 g)
- Hydrating Booster Drops – 0.14 FL oz (4.2 mL)
Thanks for reading!