Neutrogena just introduced new skincare products from its Rapid Firming line that are formulated with collagen and peptides to address wrinkles, fine lines, dullness, and lack of elasticity. These products help to smooth and firm the skin when used consistently.
I’ve been loving the Collagen Peptide 24 line from Olay (as I discussed in this post), so when I saw that Neutrogena introduced new collagen and peptide products in its Rapid Firming line, I jumped at the chance to purchase these three new products.
So today, I will discuss my experience with Neutrogena Rapid Firming Collagen Triple Lift Face Serum, Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Multi Action Eye Cream, and Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Contour Lift Face Cream.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Neutrogena Rapid Firming Collagen Triple Lift Face Serum
Neutrogena Rapid Firming Collagen Triple Lift Face Serum is a multi-benefit serum that smoothes, firms, and moisturizes your skin over time.
This clear gel serum is formulated with triple-action collagen that combines pure low molecular weight collagen with AHP amino acid plus an amino sugar.
These actives work together to create a more contoured and lifted look for a more youthful-looking complexion.
When used twice a day, 92% of subjects saw visibly firmer skin in 4 weeks, so be aware that there won’t be a drastic overnight change in skin appearance. This serum is formulated without mineral oil or dyes.
- Acetyl Glucosamine: The second ingredient in this serum after water, Acetyl Glucosamine is amino acid sugar and derivative of glucosamine that is a skin-identical ingredient and natural moisturizing factor, which helps to keep skin moisturized. It plays an important role in skin hydration, skin barrier protection, and hyaluronic acid production. Hyaluronic acid is an all-star hydrator that helps skin retain moisture and gives it a plumped appearance. Acetyl Glucosamine also helps reduce wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, as it is a tyrosinase inhibitor. Tyrosinase is an enzyme involved in melanin production. Melanin is the pigment that gives our skin (and hair and eyes) it’s color.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen: Hydrolyzed collagen is a protein that provides antioxidant and moisturizing properties.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is a derivative of vitamin C that boasts superb stability. It not only penetrates the skin well but also potentially has vitamin C’s skincare benefits such as antioxidant and brightening properties and the ability to stimulate collagen production.
This clear gel-like serum absorbs quickly and is lightweight. I like that it contains a vitamin C derivative and apply this during the day for its potential antioxidant protection.
While pure vitamin C products often irritate my skin, this serum caused zero irritation.
This serum works well with makeup although I haven’t seen a difference in skin firmness.
NOTE: This serum contains alcohol, lavender oil, and linalool, which may irritate those with sensitive skin. Linalool is a natural oil used for fragrance. It oxidizes when exposed to air and may become allergenic. Linalool is the last ingredient in the serum, though, so it is present in only a small amount.
Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Multi Action Eye Cream
Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Multi Action Eye Cream is formulated with Matrixyl 3000, a peptide duo that combats dark circles and helps reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
The eye cream also helps to reduce puffiness and increase skin firmness.
- Arginine: An amino acid that is a component in skin collagen. It moisturizes and has healing and antioxidant properties.
- Lactobionic Acid: A polyhydroxy acid (PHA) that supports the skin barrier, has antioxidant properties, and gently exfoliates the skin.
- Matrixyl 3000: A duo of peptides (Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7) that helps to smooth wrinkles and improve elasticity, skin tone, and skin roughness.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Also known as green tea extract, this plant extract is a potent antioxidant that helps to protect skin from damaging UV exposure. It is anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and can even help repair DNA damage.
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract: Soothes, softens, and protects the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: A stable derivative of vitamin C that helps to brighten skin and supports collagen formation and may even provide antioxidant protection.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate is stable, moisture-binding, and helps to plump the look of skin.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B-5, panthenol is a humectant that moisturizes the skin.
The eye cream also contains Retinyl Palmitate, a vitamin A ester that takes three steps to be converted into retinoic acid, the active retinoid form that is effective in your skin, so not a very potent retinoid.
I was very impressed with the ingredient list in this eye cream. Several actives are combined to target hydration, wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
This peptide eye cream is very lightweight and silky in texture. It leaves my eye area soft and plumped, which helps to minimize the look of fine lines around my eyes.
I think it’s a great choice if you are looking for a drugstore eye cream to address the early signs of aging around your eyes.
This eye cream is fragrance-free and formulated without mineral oil.
Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Contour Lift Face Cream
My favorite product of the three, Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Contour Lift Face Cream, is formulated to improve skin firmness and elasticity in 2 weeks with a 0.4% micro-peptide.
In the meantime, it hydrates and moisturizes skin for a plumped and healthy complexion.
The cream helps to volumize skin creating more defined cheekbones and a more contoured face and jawline.
Per Neutrogena, a 2.5 x smaller peptide compared to other anti-aging peptides goes deep into the skin’s surface to target collagen and elastin for firmer-looking skin.
I confirmed with Neutrogena that Acetyl Dipeptide-31 Amide is the peptide in this cream.
Neutrogena Peptide Lift Contour Face Cream also contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, to gently exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin with better clarity.
Acetyl Tyrosinamide works to decrease wrinkles and improve elasticity.
The cream also contains excellent moisturizing ingredients such as shea butter, glycerin, squalane, and Biosaccharide Gum-1.
Of all the Rapid Firming products, I’ve noticed the most immediate improvement in my skin from this cream.
I think this is due to the glycolic acid in the formula that exfoliates and reveals fresher, younger-looking skin overnight.
I don’t think the glycolic acid concentration is too high, though, as I can use this cream every night without experiencing irritation and redness, which I often do from glycolic acid products.
The texture is lightweight, but it feels very hydrating. I like using this as the last step in my evening skincare routine since I wake to brighter, more even skin in the morning.
An all-around effective and affordable anti-aging night cream!
Final Thoughts on Neutrogena Rapid Repair Peptide and Collagen Products
Neutrogena Rapid Repair Peptide and Collagen Products are formulated with promising firming, lifting, and wrinkle-fighting actives. I didn’t see lifting or contouring of my skin, but my main skin concerns are related to wrinkles, fine lines, and discoloration.
I think these Rapid Firming products would be a great option if you are experiencing a loss of elasticity and have sagging skin.
They may also be a good choice if your skin is sensitive to retinoids, which are the gold standard of over-the-counter anti-agers.
While I did see quick results from Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Contour Lift Face Cream, and I loved the silky moisturizing Neutrogena Rapid Firming Peptide Multi Action Eye Cream, I saw more immediate smoothing results from Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair line.
- A Guide to Drugstore Retinol
- Olay Retinol 24 Skincare Review
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel vs Gel Cream
For Faster Wrinkle-Fighting: Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Line
If you are looking for the quickest wrinkle-reducing results, consider using a product with a retinoid such as retinol. Neutrogena has many different products that contain retinol to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines, enlarged pores, and dullness.
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Line offers an anti-wrinkle retinol serum, regenerating cream, night moisturizer, eye cream, facial oil, and a daytime moisturizer with SPF 30 all infused with Retinol SA, Neutrogena’s proprietary patented accelerated retinol formula.
These products are formulated to make your skin look younger in just a week. That shouldn’t be a problem thanks to retinol’s ability to increase cell turnover and smooth fine lines.
For more details on these Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair products and how they stack up against another favorite brand, Olay, check out this post on Olay Retinol 24 vs Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair.
Thanks for reading!