It’s that time of the year when the days are getting longer and spring feels like it’s right around the corner. Finally! Along with spring comes the month of May and Mother’s Day! Today I thought I would give you some suggestions on some fun beauty-related Mother’s Day gifts that will provide relaxation and rejuvenation for mom.
While this special holiday is surely a time to celebrate all the moms you know, these gifts are ideal for anyone that needs a little pampering and self-care. From skin and makeup to hair and fragrance, read on to see a few special beauty picks that mom will surely love.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Let’s start with skincare, my favorite beauty category, and one of my favorites skincare products ever!! Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment! You can read all about my love for this product and my search for an affordable drugstore alternative in this post.
Sunday Riley Superstars Kit not only includes Good Genes, but also contains a vitamin C serum, a retinoid serum and an eye cream that targets dark circles and puffiness. I’m starting to think that I may need this kit for myself!
Sunday Riley Superstars Kit includes 0.5 oz of each of the following:
- Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment – exfoliates the dead skin cells for brighter skin and improved clarity and radiance. In only 3 minutes it plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- C.E.O. Vitamin C Brightening Serum – contains 15% THD Ascorbate, a highly-stable form of Vitamin C, which brightens dark spots and reduces the look of the signs of aging.
- A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum – contains a 6.5% solution of stabilized retinoid blends and botanical, retinol-alternative extracts to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and support clearer skin.
- Auto Correct Eye Cream – targets dark circles and puffiness for a brighter and lifted appearance.
This facial roller has three inter-changeable crystal heads. It also includes a built-in smaller roller at one end specifically for the eyes to help with puffiness. The stones included in the set are Rose Quartz to boost the skin’s radiance, Amethyst to calm the skin and Jade to balance the skin. I own this set and it feels luxe due to the weight of the rollers and base. The roller is so nice when chilled and really helps with puffiness.
If you are looking for a more budget-friendly facial roller, Deciniee Jade Roller and Gua Sha Tool Set available on Amazon also comes with a Gua Sha tool to promote blood circulation to your face, neck, and body. Like the Sephora facial roller set, this set also comes packaged in its own box and is ready for gift giving!
The Dyson Airwrap Styler is an award-winning hair styling tool. This product is powered by a Dyson engineered digital motor that will dry, smooth, curl and wave hair without using extreme heat. This is a luxury gift no doubt, but this will replace multiple hair styling tools with the following all-in-one-set:
- Pre-styling dryer – takes hair from wet to damp, to prep for styling.
- Dyson Airwrap™ Base
- 1.2 inch Airwrap barrels – engineered to create voluminous curls or waves.
- 1.6 inch Airwrap barrels – engineered to create loose curls or waves.
- Firm smoothing brush – engineered to smooth and control frizz-prone hair.
- Soft smoothing brush – engineered to gently align and smooth fine hair.
- Round volumizing brush – engineered to volumize and shape fine, flat hair.
- Storage case – neatly stores the Dyson Airwrap styler and its attachments.
Three-in-One Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel
This product just screams spring to me. Philosophy’s best-selling Amazing Grace fragrance is infused in this three-in-one shampoo, bath and shower gel. The scent is soft, feminine and floral with notes of bergamot & muguet blossoms. It not only cleanses the hair and skin but also creates a rich foaming lather for the bath or shower.
Luxury Eyeshadow Palette
Charlotte Tilbury’s eyeshadow palettes are absolutely gorgeous, so for the makeup-loving mom, this is the perfect luxury makeup gift. Inspired by Charlotte Tilbury’s best-selling shade Pillow Talk, this quad set includes shimmers in nude pink, champagne, rose gold and copper-bronze shades. Multi-reflecting pearls give the eyes a sparkly finish while glossy ester deepens color intensity and vibrancy.
The palette contains the following shades: Pillow Talk Prime (soft metallic gold), Pillow Talk Enhance (metallic pink), Pillow Talk Smoke (metallic bronze), and Pillow Talk Pop (metallic rose gold).
A twist on traditional lipstick, Armani Beauty’s Lip Maestro Liquid Lipstick is a hydrating matte liquid lipstick that provides rich color and a creamy texture. It is a non-drying and non-sticky formula that offers lasting hydrating and gorgeous luxurious color. The lipstick comes in 24 shades that helps your lips stay hydrated all day.
Fragrance for the Home
Instead of giving Mom flowers that will be gone in a few weeks, why not treat her to fragrance for the home that will last much longer? Inspired by a blend of seven of the world’s most exquisite roses, Jo Malone London Red Roses Scent Surround Diffuser contains notes of Lemon, Scarlet Velvet Rose, and Honeycomb.
Pretty Pink Manicure Set
This limited-edition mini gel-like nail polish value set has such gorgeous colors! From baby pink and bright pink to peach and rose, this collection has all the romantic shades of pink.
The award-winning formula for these nail colors is enriched with biotin, keratin and nonychosine F. Keratin is a protein that supports healthy nails, while biotin supports keratin production. Nonychosine F strengthens weak and brittle nails. These polishes are also 10-free.
The nail collection includes six polishes at 0.27 oz/ 8 mL each:
- Close To Me (deep warm rose crème)
- Dancing with a Stranger (light pink coral crème)
- I’m Yours (cool pink crème)
- I Beg Your Pardon (light salmon crème)
- Please Me (rose crème)
- Warm Whispers (orange pink crème)
Drugstore Anti-Aging Skincare Starter Kit
I love that The Ordinary makes anti-aging products (and all of their products) affordable and accessible within single hero ingredient formulas. This kit is the perfect introduction to anti-aging skincare! The Ordinary No-Brainer Set really is a no-brainer.
The set includes 1oz (30 ml) of each of the following:
- “Buffet” – a multi-peptide serum that is loaded with actives including syn-ake, matrixyl synthe-6, matrixyl 3000, argirelox, hyaluronic acid, amino acids and bio-derivatives to target multiple signs of aging.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA – a non-greasy moisturizer that contains 11 amino acids, phospholids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA and HA.
- Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion – one of my favorite over-the-counter retinoids, this is a stable serum emulsion of a next-generation retinoid active that treats the signs of aging better than retinol and without irritation.
Clean Spring Fragrance Set
This five-piece fragrance set from by Rosie Jane is formulated with essential oils, absolutes, nature identicals and fragrance oils from around the world. They never use phthalates, parabens, endocrine disruptors or animal by-products in their products. By Rosie Jane even shares their complete ingredient list on their website with corresponding EWG (Environmental Working Group) ratings.
The fragrances in this collection include 2ml Eau de parfum rollerballs of each of the following:
- Leila Lou – notes of pear, jasmine and fresh-cut grass
- James – notes of gardenia, fig, and amber
- Rosie – notes of nude must and a hint of rose
- Angie – notes of honeysuckle, jasmine, and fig
- Lake – notes of citrus, bergamot, sandalwood, and vanilla
I think it’s difficult to give fragrance as a gift because it is quite personal, but this set gives you five options that are not strong, heavy or overpowering. Their fragrances are so light and clean and perfect for spring. Plus, these rollerballs are convenient and easy to grab and go!
If relaxation is sorely needed, the mom on your list will appreciate the calming and soothing Himalayan pink salt crystals in Herbivore Botanicals Calm Bath Salts. These sea salts are solar dried from the mineral-rich Pacific Ocean and are filled with nutrients.
The scent is created by the combination of luxurious ylang-ylang essential oil and vanilla oil. Ylang-ylang supports a balance of moisture and oil in the skin while vanilla relaxes and calms. This sounds like such a treat to me and a way to destress by taking a calm and quiet aromatic bath.
Luxe Sleep Mask
Made from the highest grade mulberry silk, this one-size-fits-all silk sleep mask is gentle on the face and so soft on your eyes. Slip developed its production method over the course of 10 years, and the product is unique and luxurious.
This mask is thick and durable, natural, hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. While cotton products pull moisture away from your skin while you sleep, silk allows your skin to breathe and allows your skin to retain moisture. The ultimate pampering gift for mom!!
Final Thoughts on Pampering Beauty Gifts for Mom
I hope you can find some inspiration in these picks for Mother’s Day! Many of these luxury gifts are a special treat that mom might not purchase herself. Whether it’s an at-home manicure or a long soak in the tub, these beauty gifts will provide all the pampering that she deserves.
Thanks for reading!